Thursday, October 15, 2009

Don't Tell Me How Happy I Am

http://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/bestoftv/2009/10/14/ldt.women.happiness.cnn

I can't stand this! Why is it that we, as women, have fought for so hard to get the respect we deserve and have moved up in the world, but we have media telling us that we're still not happy? What happiness scale were they using? And what really determines "happiness"?

Quite honestly, I am very happy as a woman. I have a great job, a loving husband and two awesome dogs. I am going to college to better myself. What I am most happy about is that I am seen as an individual. I am not the product of my father or my husband. I am myself and no one can control me or stop me from being who I'm being.

Ladies, if you really are unhappy, find out what (or who) is making you unhappy and get it out of your life. We've come too far to be dragged down by emotions.

No comments:

Post a Comment