Saturday, October 24, 2009

Artistic Fashion

I have no idea how people find art in fashion. I can't walk into a mall and know exactly what makes a pair of shoes "fashionable" or just regular shoes. My perfect picture outfit is blue jeans and a loose fitting tank-top. I don't think I'm the best candidate for a fashionista.




That said, I was watching the "Rachel Zoe Show" and that woman seems to have the eye necessary to spot artistic clothing. Every time she goes to a fashion show or to some store, she is drawn to the most amazing things: things with fur, dark colors, light colors, funny patterns, stuff to layer, stuff to dress down... I would have never thought someone could focus like that on clothes. The thing is, it's not the stuff she picks out for her clients that I adore, it's the stuff that she wears. Even though she's insanely skinny, she seems to wear these clothes that even I recognize as amazing.

I guess what fascinates me about her fashion in general is just how varied it is. She doesn't seem afraid to pull off whatever she wants, no matter how slumpy (yup, my word) it may look or how loud it is. That's what fashionable clothing is to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment